ADMISSIONS ARE OPEN THROUGH OUT THE SESSION.
They are strictly based upon-
- PARENT INTERVIEW
- ASSESMENT OF THE CHILD
Admission to SOREM is obtained through referral by a paediatrician; school or private enrolment. The first step is for parents to complete an application from available at our reception.
The Completed form with required documentation (as stated on the application form) should be returned us at reception. The student will then be placed on a waiting list and parents will be contacted to arrange an initial assessment with the Director.
Prospective students are evaluated before before admission for the purpose of-
- Assess the child’s developmental level in cognitive,speech and language skills and physical development.
- Decipher what would be the most appropriate classroom.
- Create an Individual Education Plan(IEP) with input from DCSN’s multi-disciplinary team
- Offer the best educational and therapy program for the developmental age of the student
- Implement the best possible program as soon as possible.